Tuesday, May 10, 2011

party time!

I LOVE party planning....love every little aspect of it. I even applied to be a wedding planner at a big fancy pants hotel once with zero experience and got short-listed after an interview because of this passion!

So, one of my greatest joys as a mom is being able to plan some cool parties for my kiddo's birthday!
Now.... if I had a TON of money, my parties would be red carpet worthy, but alas...home with no income as a mommy tends to make for a more frugal party! So that is when sheer creativity and resourcefulness comes into play.

The first step that I do when planning is creating a theme. I find it easier to organize around a theme...even if it is just a colour palette.

For Kai's first birthday last week, I did a Truck theme. He loves pushing around little cars and trucks right now, so it was perfect for him (another tip...make the party personal!).

Here are a few pictures from the event for you to gain some inspiration from (another tip....get inspiration!).







1 comment:

  1. What a cool party! Lucky kid!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete