Kids teach us many amazing things.... patience, appreciation, finding joy in everything, how to love unconditionally. One thing my son has taught me is that you only need one word in life.
yup... it is all you need. Kai's favourite word is "more" and it is universally interchangable for pretty much everything.
Let me show you how this works....
- point at object of your desire - say "more" - this means you want more of that cool thing that isn't a toy
- as you eat - say "more" - this means you need more food and more food and more food
- when you are finished point at the floor, huck a piece of food so it splats on the wall - say "more" - this means I am more than finished sitting here
- when you are tired - whine "more" sign "milk" - this means 'nurse me woman so I can fall asleep'
- if you see something super cool - yell "more" and clap your hands - this means I am diggin this big time and I want to see more (kinda like bravo)