Here are a few tips that I would like to share when venturing out on errands with kids.
- one word - snacks. lots and lots of yummy snacks.
- make use of a little thing called novelty. I am constantly handing my kids random things off the shelves to entertain them a little...things that I usually don't buy, but are fun for a couple minutes. Things that shake or crinkle or make noise of some sort are the best.
- always always bring an extra change of clothes. Just leave it in the car or pack a sleeper in your diaper bag.
- make sure you have a little baggie of bandaids in your purse or car
- make an errand bag the night before and put everything you will need into it. Items to return, packages for mailing, whatever.
- try not to do it all on one outing. The kids and you will tire quickly...tired kids and tired mama = disaster.
- make a grocery list and stick to it. Makes for a faster trip!
- be mentally prepared to bail out if all hell breaks loose. It is okay, and you can try again another day!