Monday, September 26, 2011

out of the mouths of babes



My daughter came home from preschool today with three drawings addressed to her. A little guy in her class drew her these pieces of art at home and presented them to her today. They are really cute!!! Since we live in a small community, the chance of these two spending their childhood/adolescents together is quite likely. As I mused about the future the following conversation took place.....

Me: I am going to save these pictures.

My girl: They are very nice. Henry drew them for me.

Me: I know. I am going to keep them - just in case.

My girl: Why mama, in case of what?

Me: Oh I dunno, maybe one day he will be your boyfriend.

My girl: - bursts into a fit of giggles - Oh mommy. He is just my friend.

Me: That is what they all say....

My girl: I don't need a boyfriend mommy.

Me: Oh...okay.

My girl: I already have a little guy to take care of (she is referring to her little brother) and I DO NOT need another.



I think I peed my pants a little.......

No comments:

Post a Comment