Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays



As summer is FINALLY upon us, I need to share our all time favourite summer salad. It is easy and delicious - my two requirements for recipes these days.
This is made best with fresh fresh fresh produce (try out those markets I was preaching about last week).

Tomato Bocconcini Salad

Fresh tomatoes - sliced (or halved if cherry tomatoes)
Bocconcini (or tiny cheese balls as my daughter calls them)
Fresh basil - torn or coarsely chopped
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Basically use as many tomatoes as people, unless using cherry tomatoes, then just cut up how ever many you want! Same goes for the bocconcini -  I love the stuff, so I use a lot...
Add about 1/4 cup of basil for a salad for two or to taste (see how easy this is! No rules!)
Then sprinkle about a tablespoon of vinegar and two tablespoons of olive oil - again, use more if bigger salad. Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.

I like to make this in advance since the longer it sits, the better!
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment