One of my new years resolution is to remedy this in my life... I will become more organized in my time and life in general AND find time to recharge me!
There is so much going on right now and maybe that is why I feel so discombobulated. We sold our house, bought a new house in a different city (or village I should say) and currently living in my mom's basement as we wait for our new house to be ready...not to mention xmas!
So... I will quickly share what is currently on my mind....Christmas!
Here are a couple ways that I like to make this time of year meaningful and respectful.
- Visit local tree farm for a tree...did you know that locally grown trees are actually more environmentally friendly than a fake or trucked tree! There are quite a few fantastic ones on the island including my favourite, Jingle Bell Tree Farm in Saanichton. Here is a link of BC tree farms.
- Donate a gift and food to a local charity
- Use a furoshiki to wrap presents - gorgeous and practical! It will become part of the gift and you can make them very inexpensively!
- Use email for your holiday cards or if you really need to send something tangible make your own! I often reuse cards I received from people the previous year and just cut off the front of the card and attach it to a new piece of cardstock! Reduce Reuse Recycle!
- Instead of exchanging a multitude of gifts between partners, maybe choose to make memories instead. Some ideas could be a romantic horse and buggy ride to see the Christmas lights, or a hike in the snow, tobogganing, make a meal together, etc.